Thursday 26 July 2007

First time tenants

We have just settled on the house that we have been living in for the past two and a bit years. We are now officially renters.

After so many years, this is the first time that I have rented a house. Previously, I have always bought houses, or lived with my parents. My dad help me out with my first house purchase by helping me out with a nice cheap loan.

As this is my first time renting a house, I was quite surprise as to some of the rules that the tenant must adhere to. Some of these are:

  1. No nails or picture hooks can be used on the walls
  2. Upon vacating or every 12 months, the carpet must be steam cleaned.
  3. The gardens must be kept under controlled or a levy of $20 will be charge for garden maintenance.
  4. The curtains and blinds must be cleaned every 12 months or upon vacating.

Some of these rules are mainly to save the owners some repair money when the tenants leave the property, some of them are downright bazaar, especially the one about picture hooks.

What are some of your funny or crazy tenant rules?

No comments: